Jazeera Airways, the middle east’s first privately-owned Low Cost Carrier and owner/operator of Jazeera Terminal T-5 in Kuwait (one of the world’s few airline-owned Passenger Terminals), is looking for a General Manager to Head the Terminal and associated businesses.
With our team of energetic professionals having an insatiable drive to grow, we are determined to transform the Jazeera Passenger Terminal (T5), a state-of-the-art facility designed to serve over 3.5 million passengers annually and growing, to deliver one of its kind passenger experience with a net worth in excess of USD 1 Billion.
If you are a passionate leader whose vision resonates with ours, are currently heading an airport Terminal with LCC operations, have P&L responsibility, and the thought of leading the transformation of T5 into a world class facility gets your adrenaline going, we’d be delighted to meet you. To know more about the challenges this role presents, please see below.
Scope of the Job:
The General Manager is responsible for the safe, profitable, efficient and cost-effective management of Terminal 5. He/She is the Business Owner responsible for the Operational and Commercial aspects of the terminal while ensuring regulations are followed, and regulatory and safety procedures are implemented in accordance with the related aviation and government authorities.
The General Manager is the primary point of contact for Jazeera’s Terminal 5 with government authorities, regulators, airline officials as well as the public in general.
The General Manager must lead the effort of transforming Jazeera Terminal T5 into a best breed company in terms of operations, profitability and valuation.
• Provide strategic direction for development of the yearly business and operational plans taking into consideration the safety and security outcomes, resource requirements, and other requirements originating from applicable external sources as necessary, such as regulatory authorities and related Kuwaiti governmental entities.
• Develop and maintain an excellent level of financial operating performance through increased reliability and close working relationships with other divisions in order to maintain world class service delivery.
• Oversee and maximize non-aeronautical revenue generation through lease of landside and airside retail spaces at T5 and related sites.
• Determine and implement quality control, safety and security policies, and the management of safety risks and security threats to the terminal operations.
• Oversee projects and strategic initiatives related to expanding operations and/or enhancing revenue streams.
• Monitoring expenditure to implement new projects and upgrading airport facilities.
• Oversee the management of necessary facilities, workspace, equipment and supporting services, as well as work environment, to satisfy operational safety and security requirements
• Manage and help resolve situations related to delays, disruptions, Baggage Handling System, passenger screening, baggage transfer or passenger denied to boarding, in coordination with the respective airline.
• Implement rules and regulations concerning airport operations safety and security in accordance with General Aviation rules and regulations and liaise with the regulatory authority and airline operators on all matters concerning terminal operations.
• Responsible for terminal licensing processes, liaising with authorities in order to obtain approvals for facilities and operations.
• Measure effectiveness of all internal and external processes, producing timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the company.
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Aviation/Terminal Management, or accreditation by the International Association of Airport Executives (IAAE). Master’s degree or equivalent is preferred.
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in airport operations and airline industry, including at least 5 years running an Airport Terminal with P&L responsibility, including managing Duty Free, F&B, Lounges and other concessions.
• GCC experience is a plus.
• Familiarity and experience with LCC operations & business model.
• Bilingual (Arabic and English) is preferred, but not essential.
• Proven management & leadership skills.
• Knowledge of Civil Aviation rules and regulations is important.
• Strong decision-making abilities, and effective problem solving and negotiations skills.
• Excellent communication skills, and customer service orientation.
• Proven track record of building consensus and effecting change.